CONSTRUIT! is an ERASMUS+-funded project which introduces new principles and tools that enable educators and learners to collaborate in creating 'construals' – live interactive resources that capture personal understandings of a phenomenon.
Tools developed are more expressive and powerful than conventional programming tools, but yet accessible for everyone.
Over a 3-year period (2014-17), the project will produce:
- a curriculum for ‘making construals’,
- open source online instrument for making construals,
- a comprehensive set of resources in the form of examples to the support ‘making construals’ and to illustrate how construals can be used to create Open Educational Resources
- documented case studies of learning experiments
- a report contextualising ‘making construals’, relating it to other work, identifying its qualities and limitations, detailing its potential for application, strategic significance for teaching and learning in Europe, and future prospects
Project partners are based in five countries: UK, Finland, Greece, Slovakia and the Netherlands. Centre for Research in Digital Education members Hamish Macleod and Jen Ross are the University of Edinburgh partners. The project is led by the University of Warwick.