We invite all who are interested in, or curious about, “Learning Sciences” to attend one or both planned events.
Learning Sciences is concerned with the rigorous study of how people learn and how learning can be supported and enhanced
We have been awarded funding to investigate interest and potential at the University of Edinburgh for developing research and teaching in Learning Sciences. The grant funds two half-day events around lunch, and a series of reading group sessions (+pizza) on the some core ‘Learning Sciences’ theoretical papers.
The title of this grant: “Interaction, Learning and Design” reflects our particular vision of Learning Sciences at Edinburgh that emphases design-based research approaches.
We have identified the following schools are most associated with Learning Sciences: Education, Psychology, Informatics, ECA, but aware of many colleagues outside these schools with relevant work/interests.
Our first event is planned for the 19th May at the Informatics Forum.
We will shortly update information on this page along with invites.
- NAPLeS: The Network of Academic Programs in the Learning Sciences is a network of Ph.D. and master‘s programs in the Learning Sciences
- The International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS)
- Journal of the Learning Sciences (JLS)
- International Journal of Computer Support for Collaborative Learning
- International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS)
- International Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL).